How to optimize this SQL query?
In case you have your own slow SQL query, you can optimize it automatically here.
For the query above, the following recommendations will be helpful as part of the SQL tuning process.
You'll find 3 sections below:
- Description of the steps you can take to speed up the query.
- The optimal indexes for this query, which you can copy and create in your database.
- An automatically re-written query you can copy and execute in your database.
The optimization process and recommendations:
- Create Optimal Indexes (modified query below): The recommended indexes are an integral part of this optimization effort and should be created before testing the execution duration of the optimized query.
- Prefer IN Clause Over OR Conditions (modified query below): Using an IN clause is far more efficient than OR conditions, when comparing a column to more than one optional values. When using an IN clause, the database sorts the list of values and uses a quick binary search.
Optimal indexes for this query:
CREATE INDEX x_hist_idx_x_dt_bi_nbr ON x_x_hist (x_x_dt,bi_x_nbr);
The optimized query:
x_x_hist.x_x_dt = to_date(?, 'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
x_x_hist.bi_x_nbr IN (
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?